Frequently Asked Questions
IIT Bombay Heritage Foundation (IITBHF) & IIT Bombay Alumni Association (IITBAA)
We are happy to roll out the IITBHF/AA new alumni platform (www.iitbombay.org), that has been developed through the collaborative efforts of IITBHF in the US, IITBAA in India, and Almabase Inc.
We now have Google administered @iitbombay.org accounts. Please follow this 2-step process to (This should take about 5 minutes of your time):
(i) Setup / claim your new google account, and
(ii) Login with your @iitbombay.org account into this new website and update your profile.
Instructions for setting up/claiming your new Google @iitbombay.org account and logging into your account on the new IITBombay.org website :
1. Log in to the newly provided Google @iitbombay.org account by clicking here to claim your google account. Enter your @iitbombay.org username and password provided in the email.
2. The system will ask you to change the password (this is just the first time).
3. Important! You should update your forwarding email address to your preferred email ID if you do not plan to use this as your primary email box (the forwarding address is temporarily set to our legacy server). If you plan to use this mailbox as your primary email box, then you should delete the existing email forwarding. You can do this by going to: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop
NOTE: The legacy server will be turned down after 3 months. So it is very important that you update the forwarding address appropriately.
4. Go to www.iitbombay.org and click on the red @iitbombay.org button on the top right part of screen to choose your Google @iitbombay.org account.
5. Verify and update your profile to make use of the full functionalities of the platform.
IITB – Login / Account Claiming – Tutorial Video
IITBHF & IITBAA
Thank you for visiting our new IITB Alumni Platform. This is the first step to your getting more involved with fellow alumni across the globe and the institute. We hope that, over time, your active involvement through this platform will strengthen your connections to the IITB alumni network and make your degree even more valuable than it is today.
The main goal of this platform is to enable you to connect, not only with your classmates, hostel mates but alumni across years as well as faculty members, past, present, and future and other IITB community members. This platform will also act as a conduit to give back to our alma mater in various ways, ranging from funding causes of your interest to mentoring younger alumni. As you will no doubt agree, it is through the efforts of our exceptionally talented, diverse alumni that we can keep IIT Bombay moving forward. This platform is at your service to help in that journey. We hope you will come here often, interact with others regularly, and remain connected with the institute and its network in the years and decades to come. Keep in touch.
We are happy to roll out the IITBHF/AA new alumni platform (https://iitbombay.org/), that has been developed through the collaborative efforts of IITBHF in the US, IITBAA in India, and Almabase Inc.
3.Important! You should set your forwarding email address to your preferred email ID if you do not plan to use this as your primary email box. You can do this by going to: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop
4. Go to https://iitbombay.org/ and click on the red @iitbombay.org button on the top right part of screen to choose your Google @iitbombay.org account.
5. Once you login, you will be asked permissions to share your email, contacts, and profile information with iitbombay.org which you should accept.
6. Verify and update your profile to make use of the full functionalities of the platform.
Please Note: If you are having any difficulty with this process, please contact us at email@example.com
IIT Bombay needs to raise funds to continue on its "Tryst with Excellence", which includes building and maintaining world class infrastructure, and attracting and retaining the best faculty and students ... visit IIT Bombay's Golden Jubilee website and the Giving to IIT website for more information.
Alumni have gained a lot from the education received at IIT Bombay and share an emotional attachment to their alma mater. Alumni also have a lot to gain from the continued success of IIT Bombay since the image and brand of their alma mater helps alumni succeed in their own careers and business initiatives.
Current specific Giving Opportunities are listed on the How to Donate website and on the online Pledge Form. Giving Opportunities include items such as Student Scholarship Fund, Faculty Development Fund, Student Development Fund, Library, Powai Lake, Young Faculty Fund, and support for specific Departments and Hostels ... visit the How to Donate website for the latest information.
The Board of the IIT Bombay Heritage Foundation (IITBHF) provides the necessary oversight for disbursement and usage of funds donated via IITBHF. IIT Bombay itself has well established governance processes to oversee the usage of funds donated via IITBHF or directly to the Registrar, IIT Bombay. IITBHF and IIT Bombay discuss pending projects and actual spending on a regular basis. IITBHF's Executive Committee authorizes the release of funds to IIT Bombay only after it feels comfortable with its due diligence with regard to specific proposals. Once a project has been approved and funded, there is regular communication between IITBHF and the IIT Bombay leadership to review progress on the deliverables, milestones and actual spending.
Connect to us
Your feedback has been submitted. Thanks!
Enter your registered email address below to get instructions on claiming your account.