Rural Initiative Group (RIG) Meeting
You may be aware that the Mumbai Chapter of IIT Bombay Alumni Association has been very active in contributing to various rural development initiatives in Maharashtra. This is being done through a monthly meeting for informing members about activities in past month as also to decide activities to be done. This is scheduled on Fourth Saturday, at 10 a.m. at Alumni office or in the Lounge of Vanvihar Guest House.
For this month's meeting, Dr Arun Pande, who has vast experience in rural development, has kindly agreed to be the speaker. He will share his experiences in enhancing farmer incomes, and several other issues directly relevant for anyone who desires to do "something for betterment of villagers."
ONE MAJOR OBJECTIVE OF RURAL INITIATIVE GROUP (RIG) IS TO BRING TOGETHER NOT JUST THE PERSONS WITH IDEAS WITH THOSE WHO ARE WORKING IN THE FIELD BUT ALSO TO GENERATE INTEREST AMONGST THOSE WHO WISH TO "DO SOMETHING" BUT ARE UNABLE TO DECIDE "WHAT". This part is encouraged by way of focused interactions on WhatsApp group (no unconnected messages) and a Googlemail group where members post inspiring stories.
Some of the interest areas and activities that RIG has worked on include:
The Agenda of monthly meetings is notified as under to all Alumni and it has been observed that different alumni get interested as and when subjects of their interest come up.
1. Several subjects that are directly relevant for rural development have been discussed on the whatsapp group of RIG during past few weeks. An update will be shared with all the attendees to seek their views and/or as a guidance for similar activities by them.
2. In the past, it has been observed that alumni and other attendees desire to share their experiences and seek guidance. Therefore two slots of 20 minutes each shall be reserved for such discussions. Anyone interested should contact Deepak on 9324642575 by what's app or by mail to email@example.com giving the subject and time required, preferably by Thursday evening.
3. Any other matter arising out of points 1 and 2.
4. Please note that meetings start at 10 sharp and end as scheduled. It is of course permissible that people join late but they need to catch up with previous discussions after the meeting.
5. For any other queries, please feel free to be in touch with Deepak Gupte (firstname.lastname@example.org/ +91 9324-642-575). Deepak, who is B. Tech Aero, 1973 Batch and also a member of the Mumbai Chapter EC, has been instrumental in leading the RIG efforts to contribute in a meaningful manner
IF YOU WISH TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS JOINT EFFORT TO MAKE A CHANGE IN THE LIFE OF RURAL FOLKS, PLEASE SHARE YOUR AREAS OF INTEREST WHICH MAY INCLUDE A SPECIFIC VILLAGE OR A SPECIFIC TYPE OF ACTIVITY OR JUST PLAIN DESIRE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING.
IIT Bombay Campus, Powai
10:00 AM IST
on 22 Apr, 2017Ends at
12:30 PM IST
on 22 Apr, 2017
Invite a friend
Whatever you did, it was successful!
Connect to us
Your feedback has been submitted. Thanks!
Enter your registered email address below to get instructions on claiming your account.