IIT Bombay Alumni Online
IIT Bombay alumni have many ways to connect and network with each other online, including the online Alumni Profile + Yearbook, batch YahooGroups, ClassNotes, LinkedIn, FaceBook, Twitter and FlickR, iitbombay's YouTube Channel, and Alumni Yellow Pages.
- Each alum of IIT Bombay has a comprehensive Alumni Profile, Yearbook page and lifelong @iitbombay.org forwarding address which she or he can update at any time by logging in on http://www.iitbombay.org ... visit the FAQs page for more information. Alumni can include photographs, new and noteworthy items, professional news, family updates, interests and hobbies, memories from IIT days, plans for the future and more. By keeping your personal information updated, you can stay in touch with friends and classmates. If you login on the home page at http://www.iitbombay.org, you will immediately be able to see and update your profile.
- Alumni can contact other alumni by logging in on http://www.iitbombay.org and searching alumni profiles based on name, area of residence, company, area of interest, professional specialization, interests and so on. Note that you can set privacy controls to limit the amount of information that is displayed about you and the ability of others to contact you, and your actual email address is never displayed or disclosed in any case.
- IIT Bombay's YahooGroups operate as both electronic mailing lists and Internet forums for networking with batchmates.
- ClassNotes are webpages for individual batches where you can catch up on news from your graduating class compiled by a member of your batch.
- LinkedIn is a network of experienced professionals from around the world, including over 3000 IIT Bombay alumni and over 10,000 IITians.
- Facebook is a free social networking website that included a large IIT Bombay Group which coexists with all the existing networks organized based on city, workplace etc.
- Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read updates which are known as "tweets".
- FlickR is a photo sharing site where we are photostreaming a collection of photographs from IIT Bombay ... more. You can also join the IIT Bombay FlickR pool and share photos with other IIT Bombay Alumni ... more.
- IIT Bombay has its own YouTube Channel featuring videos and slideshows from IIT Bombay and from alumni meetings, events and get-togethers ... more.
- Alumni Yellow Pages help our alums promote their products or services to potential clients ... more.